Dr. Yuthachai Likhitcharoen, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, stated that dementia It is a syndrome of deterioration of advanced brain functions such as memory, language, spatial relations, and planning and decision-making.
Causes of dementia in the elderly
- Group of diseases that cannot be prevented or can be completely cured
Caused by degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Lewy body dementia. Frontal dementia
- Other disease groups that can protect and can be cured
such as cerebrovascular disease head accident Drugs that depress brain function Brain infections, psychiatric diseases, malnutrition, or hormones. สมัคร ufabet
7 dangerous signs of “dementia” in the elderly
- Telling old stories over and over again
- Can’t remember what just happened
- Lost something
- Forgot to take medicine Forgot to turn off the gas stove
- Confused about directions
- Wrong decision
- behavior changes
These symptoms It has to happen so often that it goes unnoticed and causes problems in daily life.
Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s have no cure yet. There is only symptomatic treatment. and palliative care to slow the progression of the disease. As for other causes that can be treated Can be treated according to the cause of the disease.
Prevention and delaying disease progression
- Exercise regularly
- Treat risk factors for vascular disease such as diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Interact with those around you, such as relatives, caregivers, and friends.
- Do activities that you like to do and can still do regularly.
- Follow the news and always learning new things
- Eat beneficial foods from all 5 food groups.